Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Raumati: A summer jewellery collection


Hine Raumati - the summer maid

It feels like we've been working on this collection forever, it's been quite the labour of love. So, I'm really excited to let you lovely readers know that we'll be releasing Raumati, our summer jewellery collection, tomorrow! We've been inspired by sea glass, sun and ocean weathered stones, bewitching summer nights and hazy horizons. There was a point when we were shooting the look book where the ripples on the ocean were sparkling, the light was all hazy and the shells were sun bleached and bone dry (and the skin on my feet felt like it was about to burn right off, the black pebbles and sand was so hot. Standing in the water for the rest of the shoot was the best idea we had all day, this is not so glamourous as it sounds. trust.) and I felt so proud of us that we'd captured exactly what we set out to. Our model, Emily, is a family friend and at first I was worried she might be a bit young but I am so happy with how well she did. She was a little nervous, too but seriously - that baby Laura Dern/Jodie Foster face and those freckles. What a stunner!


As you can see I got a little over excited about multiple locations, but I had this idea to capture all these different facets of summer. I'm working on the look book now, editing the rest of the million photos I took and trying to make everything a little more cohesive. I'm really excited to show you the rest of our collection tomorrow and hope you'll like it as much as we do. We worked hard on creating designs that are all part of one story. In the past we've just kind of made pieces up as we went or produced one off pieces, but for Raumati we wanted there to be some kind of thread running through them all. In light of this, we've decided to release it as a limited edition collection with only five of each piece being available. Also, we're moving our jewellery over into a new shop that we will use now for our main store with Etsy moving more towards being a secondary or sale type store over the next few weeks. I'm not usually one to embrace change to be honest (in my head I love it, in reality less so.) but this fresh start feels so good.
blog comments powered by Disqus