Monday, October 4, 2010

Change


We went for a walk around our neighbourhood on the autumnal equinox the other week, it was my perfect kind of evening, mostly clear skies, a slight chill in the air but I was still able to get away with a t-shirt. We used to do these little walks all the time (especially to go get gelato) but life has gotten the best of us over the last while with evenings spent watching Greys Anatomy marathons and trimming veneer, so it was nice to go for a stroll for no other reason aside from watching the leaves turn, stretching your legs and doing some sneaky peekins to people's cozy homes.

This time right at the start of Autumn is my favourite, when the leaves are just starting to change and grey rainy days are still punctuated with crisp clear sunny days. There's change everywhere you look, and you can watch it all happen while eating something pumpkin spiced and wearing tights and a cardigan. I've mentioned before that I have a love/hate relationship with change, I both crave it and resist it. October means that we're that much closer to our move home which is getting increasingly exciting and scary. I'm at that stage that it is far away enough for me to be getting anxious and just wanting to fast forward, but then realising how much I will miss it here. I mean, Halloween in the spring time just might not cut it anymore.

Back to work for me, keep an eye out for our big shop update tomorrow! 


blog comments powered by Disqus