Monday, August 2, 2010

White on white


Oh man, I am having a hard time not being so summery and lazy lately! The days are so nice and long, we've been spending them outside as much as possible. We spent most of the weekend walking around the city, exploring new places to eat, crossing bridges, and feeling pretty content enjoying our community. This evening Jeannette and I went for a stroll and got gelato, so perfect. July felt like is sped by so fast, I want to make sure I'm making the most of this final summer month. It was one of those weekends where you're so busy doing stuff and enjoying it that I didn't take any photos, and these ones above have pretty much nothing to do with what I'm talking about, haha. I took them at Stand Up Comedy, a store that was just down the street from our hotel in Portland that I was pretty smitten with. I love the way the white on white makes everything look like its floating. Aside from having amazing stuff (those rings, oh how I want one. Despite knowing that I would most likely crush it as soon as I picked it up, ha) the store was so light and airy with beautiful greenery dotted around and the woman working there was really nice to chat, too. Anyway, I wanted to share these here because when I was scanning in this film I was really struck by the memory of how lovely it was lazily browsing Portland stores on a sunny day back in May, nowhere to go and no reason to rush. Kind of the vibe that I hope sticks around this August, nice and chill. Anyone have any plans for the coming month? Mine are swimming, more gelato and an island camping trip!

blog comments powered by Disqus