Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wild Things

Tiny Happy was also one of the first blogs I started reading, and is still a daily read for me. It is one of the most beautiful and calming spaces on the craziness that is the internet, and Melissa never fails to inspire. I am so thrilled to have you posting here today, thanks Melissa!

Hello, lovely readers. My name is Melissa, and I'm honoured to be guest-posting here at Bliss in a Teacup.



One of my favourite things about summer are wildflowers. In 2008 and 2009, my partner, two kids and I lived in Norway and I think that's where I really fell in love with weeds and other plants growing along the motorways. Here in New Zealand, our seasons are less extreme, so quite a few plants are flowering during the winter months. I never quite appreciated the bold and rebellious nature of wildflowers until I'd driven through the Swedish countryside one summer, taking photos out of the window from my passenger seat. When I got home, I made embroideries and drawings of the plants I'd found.

Here are some of the wildflowers I gathered over my last three summers- in Norway, Sweden and New Zealand.

Looking through these has me longing for summertime- we are currently deep in winter here at the bottom of the world.

Hope you get to gather some wildflowers this summer.
blog comments powered by Disqus