Saturday, July 31, 2010

Farewell July!


It has been pretty sweltering in our apartment this week and the idea of working on my hot little laptop has been the last thing I've wanted to do. So, mostly I've been wearing my new swimsuit (I got it in black and I love it) around the house and making/eating popsicles. These ones are strawberry peach, which were ridiculously delicious. B.C. seriously has the best fruit! I just peeled the peaches and blended them together before pouring them into the molds. I think next time I will put a little extra liquid to make them a bit more thirst quenching, but either way they were still pretty amazing. Such a great flavour combo!


It's a long weekend here in B.C. and there is a ton of things on, so I'm looking forward to having Richard at home and welcoming in August with the Pride Parade & Festival, the Powell Street Festival (just around the corner from us, hooray!), beach trips and some swimming. Thanks to some inspiration here, I did up my nails all festive like for the weekend and am rather pleased with the easter egg like results. Well, for this hand anyway, my right hand isn't anywhere near as good. I also realised while attempting this how completely impatient I am. The fact that I couldn't get myself a cookie immediately after applying the final coat made me a little antsy. Not so good at the waiting! I think I just forget too, when my friends treated me to a mani pedi before I got married, the poor women had to fix it twice before I even left the store!

Ok friends, I'm going to put some motivating music on and do all the boring house chores so that I can enjoy the rest of this weekend!

Hope yours is a good one!
xo
blog comments powered by Disqus