Wednesday, February 24, 2010

WIP Wednesday: Tea Time, a break in a productive day.

Today is my day off from my day jobs and let me tell you, I've been getting stuff done! Crossing things off a to-do list is so satisfying, don't you think? Right now I'm taking a quick tea break, nibbling on these Chewy Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies (with some vegan white chocolate we picked up at Karmavore, they're pretty sweet though so I think I'll halve the sugar next time) and listening to a CBC podcast on Jean-Michel Basquiat. I'm sitting at my writing desk in our bedroom and looking out over a grey and gloomy Vancouver, enjoying being inside with the lights on and feeling cozy. When I was little one of my most favourite things was being at school on a rainy day and having the lights on during the daytime, it seemed both cozy and exciting at the same time, like being out after dark. Soon we'll be heading off to meet some friends and go on a tour of our neighbourhood, Chinatown, one of Vancouver's oldest neighbourhoods. Laundromats and pawnshops, I'm excited!
blog comments powered by Disqus